Did you know that more than 96% of all websites are not accessible to users with disabilities? As food bloggers, it’s so important that we make our websites and recipes accessible and that we share content that everyone, including those with disabilities, can enjoy.
Who benefits from website accessibility? LOTS of your readers. One in four U.S. adults in the U.S. live with a disability, so this list could be a mile long, but a few examples include:
- People with visual impairments who may require a screen reader
- People with limited hand motor skills, arthritis, or other mobility issues that make using a keyboard or mouse difficult
- People with color blindness
- Non-English speakers who use translation services
- People with epilepsy who might be triggered by a bright screen, motion, or flashing images