Listen to this episode of The Food Blogger Pro Podcast using the player above or check it out on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or Spotify.
This episode is sponsored by Clariti.
Welcome to episode 388 of The Food Blogger Pro Podcast! This week on the podcast, we’re rewinding back to our episode with Emma Duckworth from Emma Duckworth Bakes where she talks about how she’s grown her blog by focusing on SEO.
Last week on the podcast, Bjork chatted with Madison Wetherill from Grace + Vine Studios about optimizing your website design as a food blogger. To go back and listen to that episode, click here.
Doubling Pageviews by Focusing on SEO
It’s another FBP Rewind episode today, and we’re so excited to revisit our November 2021 interview with Emma Duckworth from Emma Duckworth Bakes!
After growing her business for a few years, Emma decided to double down on her blog and hired a mentor to help her out with SEO. You’ll hear how she used the avatar exercise to understand her audience, how she optimized her homepage and recipe categories, and what she’s doing to focus on SEO moving forward.
If SEO is a focus for you at the moment, you won’t want to miss this episode!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How Emma got into food photography and food blogging
- How she grew her food photography skills
- What steps she took to strategically grow her Instagram account
- How she started getting her first sponsored work
- What she learned from the cookbook writing process
- Why she decided to double down on her blog
- How she hired a mentor to help her out with SEO
- How she used the avatar exercise to understand her audience
- How she optimized her blog’s homepage and categories
- How she identified and optimized her top-performing posts
- How she has started doing keyword research
- Why she and her husband decided to launch a street coffee business
- What she’s focusing her attention on moving forward
- Emma Duckworth Bakes
- Order Emma’s cookbook, Simply Sweet Nostalgic Bakes
- Dear Coco Street Coffee
- Foodtography School
- This American Life
- Well Seasoned Studio
- Foolproof Living
- The Feast Plugin
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- Growth University
- Follow Emma on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest
- Join the Food Blogger Pro Podcast Facebook Group
About This Week’s Sponsor
We’re excited to announce that this week’s episode is sponsored by our sister site, Clariti!
With Clariti, you can easily organize your blog content for maximum growth. Create campaigns to add alt text to your posts, fix broken images, remove any broken links, and more, all within the Clariti app.
Sign up for the Clariti waitlist today to receive:
- Access to their limited-time $45 Forever pricing
- 50% off your first month
- Optimization ideas for your site content
- An invitation to join their exclusive Slack community
- And more!
If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions for interviews, be sure to email them to [email protected].
Transcript (click to expand):
For the full transcript, head on over to the show notes for the original episode at foodbloggerpro.com/333.