Welcome to episode 80 of the Food Blogger Pro podcast. This week, Kirsten Oliphant interview Bjork about practicing 1%∞ through the different phases of business.
As many of you may have heard, Bjork and Lindsay recently suffered a loss, which you can read a bit more about on Pinch of Yum here.
While Bjork takes some time off to grieve their loss and to celebrate Afton’s short life, we’re bringing in a couple interviews that Bjork did with other podcasters.
This week’s podcaster is Kirsten Oliphant, author and podcaster at Create If Writing. She interviewed Bjork about a year and a half ago and they talked a lot about what it takes to run a business for the long haul. Bjork chalked a lot of this up to practicing 1%∞, a concept that he put a name to a long time ago and tries to practice every day.
In this episode, Bjork discusses:
- How 1%infinity came about and what it means
- What the different “phases” of Pinch of Yum were
- How he and Lindsay applied 1% infinity to the different phases of Pinch of Yum and Food Blogger Pro
- Why perfecting small things can hinder progress
- How to determine which things deserve your 1%
- Why outsourcing everything isn’t always the best option
- What the reality is for running a membership site
- How priorities for business investment change over time
Get the resources for this podcast at createifwriting.com/061